Thursday, June 27, 2013

Best Dishes...From Our Kitchen to Yours!



This blog has always been a place of refuge... a place where people can come and learn about new recipes, and see what my wife and I are up to. Today, I have decided to voice my opinion on a very important issue. Many people want to know why everyone is worried about Paula Deen? They say there are more issues that need our attention, and I agree, in a way. There are issues like world hunger, and wars being fought... innocent people being killed, but this is ridiculous, and no one deserves to be treated the way that Paula has been. Anyone that would put as much energy into solving world hunger as the media has with this controversy, would do an amazing amount of good for the world!


I'm blogging today to announce my support for Paula Deen. A proud supporter at that! Let me say that I'm not racist. I grew up in Mississippi and have witnessed first hand what racism can do. I believe that all people are created equally, and should be treated equally which includes any gender, race, or sexual orientation. I serve a God that created the heavens and the earth, and he created every ounce of life on this planet. I believe we are all children of God, and God sees no color, so we shouldn't either. Paula said in her interview on the Today Show, "anyone that has never said anything they wish they could take back, pick up a stone and hit me as hard as you can." No one has ever said anything they didn't regret. It's that simple, and after everything that she has done over the years for others, she doesn't deserve this scrutiny.

I'm not going to get into details here. You can watch the interviews, read the articles, and decide for yourself. I fully, 100 percent support Paula Deen, and would like to encourage you to as well. I also would like to encourage you to not only read this articles, but also read her biography, and where she came from. You will be incredibly surprised! I have had the pleasure of meeting her personally, and wish her the absolute best, and am praying for her during this horrific time in her life. My wife and I have also eaten at two of her restaurants, and I must say that the staff went above and beyond to accommodate, and I'm very proud to have had the privilege to visit her restaurants.


I began cooking because of Paula Deen. I began watching Food Network because of Paula Deen. The very first recipe I cooked from her was Peanut Butter Pie, and it's still one of my favorites. I don't condone hatred towards others, and this is obviously 100 percent character assassination.


Paula, without you Dudes Cook Too would never exist, and my wife and I are praying for you and your family, and wishing you "Best Dishes, from our kitchen, to yours!"

1 comment: