Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread


For my first blog... I wanted to do something manly... something rugged...something crazy, because after all, dudes cook too...

...and I came up with this: Cinnamon Sugar Pull-Apart Bread. Trust me, it tastes so good, it doesn't discriminate over gender.



I start with the best ingredient on the face of the earth... BUTTER. Never...EVER...ask me if God exists, because we have proof, and the truth lies in butter!



Mix some butter, flour and milk, and roll it into dough.



Roll the dough out. Then, sprinkle sugar and cinnamon generously on top, then cut into squares, and stack side by side in a bread pan and bake... and then you get this:



I have to admit, I got this idea from JoytheBaker.com, but I made my own recipe from it, because honestly, last night when I made this, I had to study, and pack for a trip to see our family.

...I brought this to my office at 8:00am, and it was gone by 9:00am, so I'm thinking it was a hit.

Enjoy. I hope you like it!

Recipe:

2 cups self rising flour
1 stick of butter
3/4 (ish) cup of milk
Sugar
Cinnamon

Allow butter to come to room temperature.
In a mixing bowl, sift butter and flour together until flour becomes a moist cornmeal-like texture, then begin adding milk.

Add milk until it becomes moist and thick, then roll out onto a floured surface and knead the dough until it becomes firm.

Next, roll the dough out until it's about 1/4 inch thick, sprinkle sugar and cinnamon generously on top. Then cut into even 3 x 3 squares. You may have to cut off the outer edges to make it an even square.

Then, stack the squares and lay them side by side in a bread pan.

Bake at 400* for about 20 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Trey this was amazing!! I am looking forward to following your blog and testing your yummy eats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! I'm so sad I missed this...and I was in the office by 8am :-( ... The responsible party will remain nameless. Looking forward to the next treat-eat!!

    Great job on your first post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trey, you are the best!!!! Your cooking is heavenly. Yes, Dudes can cook too, and well!!!

    ReplyDelete