I'm back!...with a quick recipe by popular demand! This Chicken with Lemon Basil Zucchini Noodles is sure to please and is good for you too! I hope you like it!
CHICKEN WITH LEMON BASIL ZUCCHINI NOODLES
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4-5 medium sized zucchini
2 cups basil, stems removed, packed and
3 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup butter, clarified
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 lemon, juiced
salt and pepper to taste
- Dice basil and garlic, and place in a bowl with olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Next, clarify your butter. Clarifying sounds fancy, but really, you're just removing the milk solids from the butter. Heat butter in a medium high skillet until the butter begins to foam. Skim the foam with a spoon and discard. What you're left with is amazing. wonderful. heavenly clarified butter.
- After you've clarified your butter, place chicken in your skillet and allow to brown and cook on both sides, usually three to five minutes on both sides, depending on size.
- While your chicken is cooking, using a spiralizer, spiralize the zucchini and set aside.
- When chicken is done, remove from pan, place zucchini noodles in skillet and toss with chicken drippings and remaining clarified butter.
- Lastly, toss the lemon basil mixture into the noodles and saute' for 2-3 minutes, until garlic is cooked and mixture is incorporated.