Monday, April 8, 2013

Peaches and Cream Oatmeal



We celebrated my Mom's 51st birthday last week. I can't believe she is 51. I can't believe, even more, that I'm 30!

I remember when 30 year olds were... old! But, as I grown older and wiser, I've learned we 30 year-olds are one step ahead of the game.

Anyway... Mom's birthday. We had cake. We had Chocolate Chess Pie. We had more cake.

So, naturally, I was craving something light, something to get me back on track. This healthy version of Peaches and Cream will do just that.

I like my oatmeal soupy. If you like yours a little thicker, like my wife, just omit some of the liquid.

Peaches and Cream Oatmeal

1/2 cup of Quick Oats (Steel Cut Oats are perfect for this as well)
1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, divided
1/4 cup water
4 packets Truvia (you can use more or less... I like mine sweet)
1 teaspoon packed dark brown sugar
handful of sliced fresh peaches


Bring 2/3 cup milk and 1/4 cup water to boil, and stir in oats and peaches, and let boil for a couple of minutes until you reach desired consistency. Add truvia and top with an additional 1/4 cup milk and brown sugar.

200 calories (excluding peaches)

No comments:

Post a Comment