Sunday, July 10, 2011

Blackberry Butter

I'm a blessed dude. There's no doubt about it. Between God and the love of my wife, all three of us have got it covered. Yesterday morning, I woke up, and my wife fixed me.. (Drum Roll)... Whole Wheat French Toast with Blackberry Butter. I'm speechless...

I don't know what else to say.
It was that good.

I love the little things in life. Sure... get me an iPhone, iMac... anything that Apple makes, and I'll think you're pretty dang awesome, but when my wife shows me unconditional love (the kind they talk about in the Bible), nothing tops that... and this unconditional love was poured out in the form of breakfast!



Start by mixing 4 sticks of butter (at room temperature) until smooth. Like I said before, anything that starts off with butter is going to be good, much less this specific instance, where it's the main attraction.



Next, in goes the fruit... Now it becomes healthy ;)



Don't let this picture fool you... From the looks of it, we've got our mixer on high... but we don't! Turn it on a low speed, and proceed to mix just until it's all incorporated together. This is where you can get a little crazy with the recipe. You can add a few tablespoons of powdered sugar, or in our case, we added some Truvia instead to keep it a little lighter.



When you get done, it should look something like this... Now, strain it to get the excess fruit juice off, and place into a bowl.



And your done! Put in the freezer for about an hour to let it firm up, and then refrigerate! I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment