Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Patriotism at it's finest!



Evidently the Fourth got the best of me, because I didn't take any pictures of this awesome recipe because I was sleeping on the couch while my wife baked this awesome cake. This is my grandmother's recipe, and every bite brings back memories. I hope you like it!


Louise's Strawberry Cake

1 Box Yellow "Butter" Cake Mix

1 Small Pkg. Strawberry Jello Mix

1 cup Hot Water

Fresh Strawberrys

1 Lg Cool Whip

1-2 Cups Sugar (Depending on how many Strawberries you have)


Make Cake according to directions on the box. While the cake is baking, sprinkle sugar over the strawberries so they will sweeten up and they will get soft. Stir them often so to get all of the strawberries covered.

You will then mix the Jello with the water and pour into the strawberry's. Then get a straw to punch holes all over the cake. You then pour the Strawberry mixture over the cake evenly. Top with Cool Whip or Homemade Whipped Cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment