Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Kountry Kitchen


I'm not even sure if Georgetown, Mississippi is on the map, but if you can find it, you HAVE to go to the Kountry Kitchen and try southern soul food at it's core!

Ashlynn and I went to Mississippi to celebrate my Mom's 50th birthday that's coming up tomorrow! While down there, my grandmother suggested we go out to eat at this place called the Kountry Kitchen, and am I glad she did!


They had every southern food I could think of. Fried catfish, chicken, cabbage... etc, etc.


...and some of the best sweet tea I've ever had!


I definitely think Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives should hit up this joint. It's practically in the middle of nowhere, but at 11:00 a.m. when they opened, their were cars down the street! I couldn't believe how busy they were, but once I took my first bite, I understood.


We ate good that day... no lie. After that we had a surprise birthday party for my mom with Ashlynn's Strawberry Cake in cupcake form, not to mention my grandmother's famous bread pudding. It turned out to be a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment