Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lately...


... there's been a lot of this! Accounting has taken over my life... literally! The good news is it's almost over!


...and a lot of this! A food bloggers nightmare!


I have found a little time to cook for Ashlynn and I. This is a homemade pizza I definitely think you should try. It's a store-bought pizza dough, with a homemade sauce I'll tell you about further down, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, fresh roma tomatoes, and chicken. It was literally one of the best pizzas I've ever made.

My secret sauce:

2 cups Newman's Own Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce
1 cup sour cream
1 T Oregano
1 T Thyme
3 cloves minced garlic

Mix, bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes, and your done!


Then there were these for Dessert! I call my adaptation of this recipe Chocolate Covered Strawberry Profiteroles because I changed the recipe slightly, but you can find the recipe I started with HERE!


Let's not forget Easter! Easter is a huge celebration for our church! We gather at a local basketball stadium on campus, and invite the entire community to join us. We house usually 20,000 people total every year! It's phenomenal!



I can't do this post without telling you about my new favorite place to eat! The City Cafe! I've only been for breakfast, but it's amazing! My favorite thing on the menu are their home fries, which are just thinly sliced potatoes fried... but man, they're good. I usually get the Preacher's Breakfast, which is Eggs, Bacon, Biscuits, and Grits for only... $3.09! The prices are incredible and the service is amazing as well!


Last, but not least, I can't believe graduation is almost here! Crazy how 3 and a half years have flown by! We're so ready for the next chapter in our life! Bring it!


No comments:

Post a Comment