Thursday, September 6, 2012

This Summer...


Guys... this summer was a whirlwind! From Tennessee, to Georgia, to South Carolina, through Alabama, and into Mississippi... it's been one crazy fun summer!


At the end of June, we went to Tybee Island, Georgia for a mini-vacation. It was a lot of fun! The highlight of our trip was climbing this lighthouse. The view from the top was amazing... too bad for some reason, that picture got deleted. Oops. I have no idea how that happened. Just take my word for it!


Then, we spent one day in Savannah, Georgia. We'd never been before, but we definitely want to go back! Especially when it's not so hot!

Look at these temperatures! It's definitely one of those towns you want to visit when you can walk around, and not almost pass out from the heat. We see a fall trip in our future.


We (obviously) visited The Lady and Sons while we were there. For those who might not know, this is Paula Deen's restaurant. Let me tell you. IT. WAS. GOOD.


We opted for the buffet.. Just the usual fried Chicken, Mac 'n cheese, mashed potatoes, and lima beans... you know, the major food groups. That's why I love vacation. Guilt free indulgence.


For dessert, we had Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake. Bring your insulin shot. You'll need it.


After that, we drove up the coast to Hilton Head, South Carolina, and Beaufort, South Carolina. Beaufort reminded us of a smaller, less busy Savannah. We definitely want to come back there also!


When we got back to reality, I began an internship with EMI Christian Music Group. EMI CMG is an amazing company to work for, and I would love to work there again. It's awesome to be part of such a caring community of individuals. I've seen so much jealousy, and competitiveness in the workplace. It was truly a breathe of fresh air to see individuals come together as a team.


Then, literally the last day of my internship, we started moving to a new place, for the second time this summer...


Have I ever mentioned how much I hate moving?? My wife and I figured it up... We've moved an average of 3 times per year, since we've been married. That's incredible.


After we barely got moved, we headed to Mississippi to visit family for a few weeks. During that time, we took a family trip to Destin, Florida. We had a GREAT time. The beach is always a relaxing place for us.


Have I ever told you about my wife's heart of gold? I'm serious. My wife is so generous and caring, and the perfect example of this is when we rescued this little dude off the side of the road, and found him a home.


yep... I'm blessed.


I leave you with this... A friendly reminder that I probably should print out and tape to my forehead. Everything we do is part of what God has in store for us... even when we can't see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment