Friday, July 22, 2011

Blueberry Pound Cake



First of all, let me apologize for not taking more pictures. I should have... but I didn't. Yesterday was an off day.

I made this blueberry pound cake for my office. It turned out great! It's a pound cake with fresh organic blueberrys folded in with cream cheese frosting.

I adapted this recipe from one my mom has used for years!

Here it is! Hope you like it!

Blueberry Pound Cake

1 package Yellow Cake Mix
1 8 ounce package cream cheese
1/2 cup Vegetable oil
3 eggs
Blueberries (as many as you like)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup of flour


Icing:
2 sticks butter
1 8 ounce package cream cheese
4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon water

Freeze your blueberries so they will be firm.

In a mixer, blend cream cheese (at room temperature) to make it smooth. Then add cake mix and blend on low. Next, add vegetable oil and blend together. Then add eggs one at a time until blended completely.

Next, coat blueberries with flour. This keeps your batter from becoming blue. Then fold carefully into batter.

Bake at 325* for one hour.

For the icing, blend butter and cream cheese, then slowly add sugar, and then water. Drizzle over the top of the pound cake after finished cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment