Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Homemade Buttermilk Ranch

If I grew up on a farm, I don't think I'd have any trouble living off the land. I love making homemade from scratch recipes. I just think they taste better. I also think the finer the ingredients, the better the taste. Let's face it, You can throw half a stick of butter in pot full of green beans, and you still don't have the calorie intake you'd get from a Big Mac at McDonald's. Homemade is simply... better.

So, I found this recipe from Joy the Baker for Buttermilk Ranch, and had to try it, and it turned out great!



So, let's get started. I've got my mayonnaise, my "light" sour cream that I just happened to have already, my parsely, chives, my salt and my garlic. Lets do this!



This is the most "gourmet" part of the recipe. Mince a clove of garlic, and sprinkle a small amount of salt on top, and with a fork, blend the salt and garlic to make a paste.



Next, finely chop your herbs, and blend with the rest of the ingredients.



This came out amazing. I added a tablespoon of sugar just to shake

Buttermilk Ranch Dressing (Adapted from Joy The Baker)

1 cup of real mayonnaise

1/2 cup sour cream

buttermilk

1 clove of garlic

1/4 cup Italian flat leaf parsley

2 Tablespoons fresh chives

1 Tablespoon sugar

salt to taste

healthy pinch of freshly ground black pepper

dash of Tabasco


Mince the garlic with a knife and then sprinkle about 1/4 teaspoon of salt onto the garlic. With a fork, mash the garlic and salt into a thick paste.

In a bowl combine all of the ingredients except for the buttermilk. Stir. Add buttermilk until you've reach the desired consistency. Taste and season as necessary. Chill for a couple hours before serving. Thin with milk when it comes out of the fridge if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment