Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Porches Chicken Salad

I have this bad habit. Maybe it's a good habit... I'm not sure, but I associate warm memories with restaurants I eat at. I know... call me crazy!

Back before I married my wife, I used to take my Mom to a restaurant called Porches literally every week, and literally... every week, we got Chicken Salad on Croissant. And now that I live 7 hours away, when we visit, we always make time to go there. I've even blogged about it. It's a great southern restaurant where they know me by name.

A few years ago, they came out with a cookbook, and in it was the recipe for their Chicken Salad. Although it's never as good as going there in person, my wife and I make it at home frequently, and I wanted to let you in on the secret.

Let's start with four boneless skinless chicken breast. Sprinkle some salt and pepper, and bake em'. While that's going on get out the food processor. We're going to need it. If you don't have a food processor, that's fine... you can do this the old fashioned way... you know, with a knife. :)



While the chicken is baking, cut your celery and red onion into smaller pieces so the food processor can dice them down.



After the chicken has cooled, break into chunks, and place in the food processor.



Next, pulse the chicken a few times to break it up.



Then, add your onion and celery and do the same.



Then, add your mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt and pepper, and this is what you'll get!

I hope you like it! Here's the recipe:

Porches Chicken Salad

4 large boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 red onion
2 stalks celery
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and Pepper to taste

Boil or Bake chicken breast until done

Dice chicken into small chunks

Place chicken in food processor and pulse 3-5 times

Place onion and celery in food process and pulse again 3-5 times

Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment