Friday, December 30, 2011

Small Changes...

I'm going to try to keep this short and sweet, because after all, this is a food blog, but we wanted to share some changes we are making in our lifestyles that are correlating with weight loss and becoming healthy.


Here's my lesson for the day: Read the labels... Have you ever heard of hydrogenated oils?? You can read about it here, but I'll go ahead and let you know it's code for cancer... among other things. Anyway, it's in almost every processed food we eat including those so-called 100-calorie packs that are good for us. It hurt me the most when I was pouring my favorite creamer into my coffee this morning, and read the label to find it too had hydrogenated oil in it. From this moment forward, I will steer clear of these oils to the best of my ability.

So here's the measures we're taking to start being more healthy.

1. Drink a LOT more water
2. No carbonated drinks
3. Drink Green Tea 3 times a day (why? Glad you asked! Look here!)
4. Exercise (obviously)
5. Limit as much as possible foods with hydrogenated oils which includes almost everything that comes in a box
6. Take vitamin supplements

We also plan to convert to completely organic foods. All my Mississippi friends are whispering right now about how expensive organic food is, and yeah... it's a little more, no doubt about it. But... one, it tastes so much better, and two, I'd rather pay one dollar more for an apple than over $100,000 for a triple bypass. It's all about perspective.

These are just small changes, but by taking these measures, we're beginning to get rid of all the junk that's built up in our bodies.

Happy New Year Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment