Saturday, December 31, 2011

Spicy Quinoa


Here's the deal. I was too lazy to actually go out and buy the things I needed for lunch yesterday, so I improvised, and it actually turned out to be an amazing meal.

Think of Quinoa as an alternative to rice (If you've never had it). When seasoned correctly, it tastes amazing, and is packed with good stuff for your body!

Happy New Year Everybody! I hope you like it!

Spicy Quinoa

2 cups Quinoa
Water
Two chiles in adobo sauce
1 T Onion Powder
1 T Garlic Powder
1 T Thyme
1 T Cajun Seasoning
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Prepare two cups of Quinoa as directed on the box.

Dice two chiles in adobo sauce, and poor into mixture. (If you want it really spicy, add four!)

Then, add your seasonings, top with mozzarella cheese and serve.

**It's also amazing to sauté onions and garlic, and add bell peppers to the mix... but like I said, I was too lazy to go to the store. Today, I added a tablespoon of Barbecue Sauce just to change it up a bit, and I thought it was really good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment