Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The T-Burger

Ahh the Turkey Burger! Why do people automatically assume ground turkey doesn't taste good? Do you not scarf turkey meat down on Thanksgiving or Christmas?? I do. As of matter of fact... I did!

I've said this before, but I'm not going to eat something I don't like. I just can't do it. Not in this sense anyway. People are always interested to know how I make my turkey burgers, so I thought I'd share it with you. It's really simple, and healthy. And just a little food for thought: just the turkey meat itself packs 19g of protein. It does a body good...


Start by sautéing half of an onion, bell pepper, and 3 cloves of garlic (diced) with about a tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle some salt and pepper!


Meanwhile, put your meat, thawed in a bowl, and pour in 1/3 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs.

After you finish the onions, peppers, and garlic, let them cool slightly, and add to the meat and bread crumbs.

Roll into patties, and cook them up!

A little side note when cooking burgers... make an indention in the middle of the patty with your thumb, because the meat plumps in the middle, and it will make your burgers even.


I'm sure at this point you're looking for a "finished product" picture, but unfortunately you won't find it here... because I ate it. I really did. I completely forgot to take a picture, and I apologize. I'll do better next time!

I hope you like it!

The T-Burger
1 pound ground Turkey meat
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
1/2 yellow onion (diced)
1/2 yellow bell pepper (diced)
3 cloves garlic (diced)
1/3 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
salt
pepper

Dice your onion, bell pepper, and garlic, and sauté them in olive oil with a sprinkle of salt and pepper until soft.

Meanwhile, place your ground meat in a bowl, and add your bread crumbs.

Let the onion, bell pepper, and garlic cool for a short period of time before placing it in the meat mixture, simply so the meat won't begin to cook.

Combine the onion, bell pepper, and garlic, roll into patties, and cook on medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment