Friday, January 6, 2012

Shrimp Salad


So, how is 2012 kicking it so far?? I have to admit, it's going pretty well for my wife and I! I was hoping to have an amazing wheat bread recipe this morning, but again... bust. It's okay. I think instead of trying to find the perfect wheat bread recipe, I'm just going to create my own. I want a super moist, light wheat bread that's good for sandwiches, and every angle I've tried has been a failure, in my opinion. It's all good. It's going to happen soon!

It's been about a week since my wife and I changed our eating habits, and starting eating more whole foods, and cut out all the processed food. I'd say we probably live a 90/10 lifestyle. 90% real food, and 10% processed food. The first few days were rough... very rough. Day one, we went to bed early because we were so tired. But around day 3, we started coming around, and we both feel so much better, and have a ton more energy.

Now... back to the food! This is a simple salad I thought I would share with you. It's real easy to make, and I made it with things I had on hand. It's boiled shrimp over iceberg lettuce, with mozzarella cheese, and a light homemade ranch dressing (that I'm currently perfecting). This would be extra nutritious with kale, but at the time, I didn't have any on hand!

A lot of people ask me if I use low fat or full fat cheese.  Most of the time, I use full fat cheese, but watch how much I eat.  I like the taste of 2% cheese, but full fat cheese has more protein, and with our current workout schedule, we're trying to load our bodies with as much protein as possible!  A great company we're starting to purchase a lot of our meat and dairy from is Applegate Farms.  They are all organic, and have some of the best tasting cheese I've ever put in my mouth!

I hope you like it!

1 comment:

  1. You has a great article. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.
    Lets keep writing and sharing to us and other.

    Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

    ReplyDelete