Sunday, March 4, 2012

Peach Cobbler Muffins


I'm really digging cooking with fruit lately, and today is no different. We all love peach cobbler right? If you don't, you just haven't my peach cobbler... I'm not bragging, I'm just saying... My peach cobbler is legit... and will change your mind.

One of my favorite breakfasts to grab on the go are muffins. Blueberry...blackberry...strawberry......Peach Cobbler... it really doesn't matter. These muffins are rich, and moist, and just the right portion size even for me... a dude that's counting his calories. These muffins pack 250 calories per muffin. Yes... there's butter. Yes, there's sugar, but it's all about moderation right? I can handle 250 calories for breakfast... it's that simple.


Start with these awesome ingredients. Here's a tip: if you have access to farm-fresh eggs, go for it! They're so much better taste-wise. I have a friend that gets me farm-fresh eggs, and there is really no comparison to store bought eggs.




These muffins are perfect for breakfast...or an airplane snack, which is what I'll be using them for. I hope you like it!


Peach Cobbler Muffins
(adapted from Joy the Baker Cookbook)
(makes 10 muffins)

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
7 tablespoons butter
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
1/3 cup whole milk
1 cup diced peaches

Topping:
3 tablespoons cold butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Pre-heat oven to 350*

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.

Place butter in small saucepan, and melt over medium heat. Remove from heat and cool slightly.

In another medium bowl, whisk together egg, yolk, milk, and vanilla. While whisking, slowly drizzle butter into the egg mixture.

Add milk mixture to the flour, and fold together with a spatula until completely incorporated. Then, fold in diced peaches.

Divide evenly into 10 muffin cups.

For the topping, with your hands blend all the ingredients until well incorporated.

Bake muffins for approximately 30 minutes. Let cool. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment