Thursday, May 31, 2012

7 Day Challenge


Would you guys be up for a little challenge?

Over the past week, I have stuffed my face with tacos, Chalupas, peach cobbler, cookies, and who knows whatever else, and it's time to kick it to the curb.

I try to follow the 80/20 plan (when I'm not training). 80% healthy/20% not so much.

It works.

But, lately, I've been doing the 99/1 plan. 99% not healthy/1%... you get the idea.

So... the 7 Day Challenge!


It's a lot more of this...


...and a lot less than this.

This challenge is about getting rid of all the junk. All processed foods, excess sugars, etc. So, let's lay down some ground rules:

1. Strictly fruits and veggies (It doesn't have to be raw, it can be cooked). You can eat anything you want, as long as it is a fruit or vegetable.

2. Tons of water. Ever watch the Biggest Loser? They drink their body weight in ounces daily, so if you weigh 180... drink 180 ounces of water daily.

3. Exercise: we all have different intensity levels, but walking 30 minutes a day is a great way to start.

That's it! Let's do this!


We'll start Monday, June 4, and go through the following Monday, June 11!

We can do this!


An easy way to get your fruits and veggies in is to juice. If you don't have a juicer, or if the idea just simply grosses you out, that's fine. Stick to just eating fruits and veggies.  If you've never heard of juicing, or want more information about it, there is a great documentary by Joe Cross called Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead that is very informative! 

Some people may be worried about protein intake, and if you are... that's fine. Just try to eat lean meat. Or... there's always beans and lentils... and dairy as well.

Guys...we can do this!

Like I said, we'll start Monday, and I'll also be posting a few recipes as well!
Good luck!

**Dudes and dudettes: I'm not a doctor, nor do I claim to be. This is basically just a way to detox my body, and what is healthy and okay for me may not be for you, so as always, contact your physician before starting any diet and exercise regimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment