Friday, February 24, 2012

Eight Weeks...

If you've been following my blog, you probably know that my wife and I decided just before New Years that we were going to make a change in our lives. That change started eight weeks ago today! We decided instead of dieting... losing weight, and gaining weight back, that we would completely change, not only the way we cooked and prepared food, but also the way we thought about food. And that's what we did. I'm learning it's all about balance, right? What's the saying... have your cake and eat it too? I think Paula Deen always says that?

But really, it's all about balance... so you want a piece of cake? Okay! But not every day. I'm learning it's okay to indulge every now and then.

Let's talk about results: Along with changing our lifestyles, my wife and I have been watching calories, and working out on a regular basis. In eight weeks, we have collectively lost nearly 50 lbs, and how do we feel? Amazing. I could go on all day about how much better we feel... but I won't. I will say that we sleep more soundly at night. We also have more sustained energy throughout the day. I used to drag by 2:00 pm every day, but now, 99% of the time, I have sustained energy all day long.

We've received a lot of criticism from people around us because we won't eat meat that comes from McDonald's... or chicken from Purdue or Tyson, or anything that isn't free range, but I mean... life's what you make it... and this is our life. We don't even eat fast food anymore... we just don't want it. If I'm going to eat a burger, I want grass fed, grade A meat, particularly here. I still think you should watch Food Inc. It's changed our lives forever. As a matter of fact, heres the trailer.




I want to suggest something for y'all to try... it's called Amazing Grass!


This is the chocolate flavor Amazing Grass Superfood! This is a great supplement for anyone that has a busy, active lifestyle. A lot of people don't know, but I'm allergic to raw fruit (weird, I know), and drinking this twice daily gives you up to nine servings of fruits and vegetables. The taste? VERY...VERY close to chocolate milk. I mix mine with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and one packet of truvia, and it makes it very creamy, and thick, almost like s shake.

This stuff has cacao, flax seed, probiotics, antioxidants, among tons of other nutritional ingredients. I love the way it makes me feel!

Once again, thanks for all the support! I love seeing how popular this blog is becoming! I'm working on a healthy blueberry muffin recipe! Hopefully, it'll be up tomorrow!